Creating A Research Paper About Youth: Great Ideas For College Students
Most students don't think of research papers as fun, but there's no way around them. Writing one takes time and dedication but it doesn't have to be difficult. When you have an interesting topic, writing can be a breeze.
Even with a good subject, you might have trouble with inspiration. Some people need a little help to get started.
There is so much going on with today's youth. There are good things and bad. You can choose whichever route you want to take, as both would be interesting to write about.
There are so many options to pick from, and sometimes having too many options can hurt more than it helps. It can be overwhelming trying to decide which one is best for you, and which topic will make a better research paper.
Here are some ideas for you to use:
- Youth crimes that are related to drug or alcohol abuse. Your research can show how juveniles are led to using these substances, such as poor home environments. You can also include how drugs and alcohol will effect their educations, relationships, etc.
- Bullying. This is a major problem in grade school. Even with schools cracking down on this damaging behaviour, there are still many cases of it.
- A comparison of juvenile detention centres and adult prisons. You can show the differences in the two systems or even state which is more effective, and how likely juvenile offenders are to enter an adult facility in their future. Another direction for this subject is to show the effects of children being tried as adults.
- Sex education. Some children learn from it and others don't. How effective is it, and how can it be improved?
- Smoking. Everyone knows how dangerous it is, yet we continue to do it. Most people who have this habit start at a young age. Why are their reasons? Is it because celebrities do it? Is it because they want to fit in?
- Divorce. This is something that can drastically change the lives of any youth, whether it be for better or worse.
- Eating disorders. As children grow and go through changes, there are certain ideas about how people should look in the media. Many teens develop complexes about the way they look and they take it to an unhealthy extent.
- Illnesses – physical or mental. People of any age can be diagnosed with physical or mental illnesses. They can struggle with things like depression. What is the best way to help them? Are there better alternatives to medication?